Saturday, April 14, 2007

I had a feeling about you guys

I love our God. I love how His people are everywhere and we can just sense things about eachother in the spiritual realm with out even knowing eachother. This weekend Amber and I led worship for a World Hope conference in Buffalo Wyoming which went really well by the way for all of you that were praying, thanks. So in the afternoon before rehearsal Friday, I went and sat down at Deerfields coffee shop and was going to work on my set list, drink a Peach smoothie, and hand out relaxing. When Amber and I got there we were greeted by the 26something year old manager who just seemed like a really cool guy. After a few questions we discovered that we were both christians but not only that, we were both youth pastors. He said "I had a feeling about you guys", crazy. I love that. So that sprung all sorts of conversation for the next 1 1/2 hours about music and youth stuff and life and culture. We both were so identical in hobbies and other things it was crazy. Anyways I locked in a gig with him at his coffee shop, and a couple potential things with worship, which was pretty cool and was able to encouraged eachtother in some things. We knew similar people which helped with the concert stuff. He is new to the area and doesn't know anyone really, so he is going to get connected into our ultimate frisbee games we do every sunday as well as getting connected into our college ministry here. I love meeting people and helping them get connected like this, especially in the public places.

* also a side note: we had a hangout night last night over at some friends house with a bunch of friends in Buffalo and Amber invited her co- worker and husband who have been very dissatisfied with life and opposing to the gospel and church. They have been saying weird things lately like "I want to read the Bible", or "I don't feel alive inside", so we have got her reading the Bible which she has been doing faithfully daily for like 2 weeks straight and also she has been reading Purpose Driven Life, and says "I can't put it down". Don't know what God is doing here but they don't have a lot of friends in the area and they never come when we invite them to stuff, but they showed up last night and stayed late and had a great time, I hope this is the beginning of great things to come. Isn't God good.

I just love how God works, nothing profound that I am writing just was thinking about this and how much I love to be a Christ follower and see how he connects all his people. I love meeting new people and it really sparked a fire in me for whats going to happen in cheyenne. Its going to be a lot of coffee shops and meeting new people, some believers and some not, but just meeting people and thats what I love.



for the Lamb's reward,
Adam