Monday, April 2, 2007

How it came together!

In October of last year I had been praying and feeling like God was stirring a heart for leading worship. Worship and Music is my passion, its my heartbeat, what I love, and feel called too. So when I started feeling this I thought, what now, because I wasn't going to take over DeAnn here at Cornerstone. I thought maybe I need to ask her if I can lead more on Sunday mornings, but still that I didn't know what to do I just knew I wanted to worship God. So that month my wife and I started a thing called Noon Worship that we did once a week over lunch for people to come out and worship and pray for an hour. If nothing else I just needed an outlet to worship, I had to do it. Well, 2 weeks had passed and a guy comes up to me at church on a Sunday morning and shared with me that God was saying "I am about to open your music ministry". WHAT! Ok. Then I get this call from Jeff that week and he asks, "have you ever thought about leading worship instead of youth ministry". I was like um YES! lol. God's timing of everthing is just awesome. So Jeff and I began talking about this whole church plant idea, theology, business stuff, everything. Amber and I felt like yes, this is it. This is what we have wanted to do and felt called to. But the youth ministry is strong, growing, and we didn't feel released. So Amber and I went to gillette and met the team, Grant, Keenan, Jeff and the awesome wives and had an incredible time dreaming and getting to know eachother. My heart was there, I wanted to say yes right there, but I felt like I couldn't. So after a week, I actually told Jeff to look for someone else that I didnt think the timing was right for us. So Jeff said ok, well lets stay in touch. The whole time this was in the back of my mind and heart so we kept praying and I knew what God had put on my heart and it just made since that this was it but I didn't have a peace, or I was just letting fear keep me back instead of taking a step of faith. Then in December 2 different people at 2 different times in my home church spoke words into my life that they felt like God was speaking. These words were timely and exactly what Amber and I needed to hear about God doing a new work and that we needed to push forward, (they had no idea what we were even dealing with). So I felt like I needed to talk with Jeff again so Amber and I started praying hard and moving forward on this. We met once more in Cheyenne for dinner and it felt like if we don't do this we are disobeying God. We prayed all week and God gave us such a peace about it all and we knew this is it. So here we go.
God puts desires in our hearts for his purpose's and if we submit and follow Him he will lead us.

Its not about a new church, its not about fun ideas, being creative, or just that sounds like a good idea, cause thats not enough for me to join based on those terms, but the fact that Element Church has been established for an appointed time, and a specific people, that there is a purpose in going down and a calling to fulfill is what this is about.

More on my local church transition later!

Adam