Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sunday AfterThoughts December 30th

Wow I am really tired! Sundays are a tiring day for staff and our setup team at Element. Today was a great close for "Believe". I don't know that there was a better way to end it then the way we did. Jeff's message was so good. A great way to bring all back around again. His big idea was that Jesus came to take away our excuses! MUST LISTEN!

216 in church today. 10 first time guests. I was really surprised we had that many because it looked way down.

I am pumped about January. We are really stepping things up, stretching ourselves, taking some major risks, doing some cool set designs with tension fabric, and it will be so good. We are starting our series Deal or No Deal about godly finances. Remember we are offering a free financial seminar, so pick up your tickets at church or on our website atwww.elementweb.net.

I tried some new things in worship today. We played with a loop behind us for the first time this sunday during Sing to the king, it was fun, and felt like it added some dynamics. Also, one thing that I really want to be about here at Element Church is training people to do what I do. If all we do is keep our talent internally for ourselves I think we are missing the full picture. God gives us talents to help teach and train others. So I want to help people become confident and use their giftings. Anyways I had our keyboardist lead out 2 of our songs today. She did a good job. I am looking forward to a team of leaders. It would be great if I didnt lead any songs on a sunday because of great worship leaders that God raises up from within. We want to do this in all our areas of ministry. Tech, Graphics, Videos, Connections, Outreach, ect.

Again I thought Jeff did a great job closing out "BELIEVE". We are now going to be offering our complete series sermons for sale in a nicely packaged disc container. Check that out stating this sunday. At the end of each series we will package all of the sermons in the containers and have them for sale.

Alright have a great new year, I will post again later this week after the holidays.

Set List for sunday 12-30-07
My Savior Lives- New Life Worship
Here is our King- David Crowder Band
My Glorious/Sing to the King- H214 Vertical Music
Indescribable- Chris Tomlin
God of Wonders- Third Day

Worshipping Him,
Adam