Thursday, November 1, 2007

Our Little Fire Incident

Last Saturday we had a greese fire in our kitchen. Honestly one of the scariest experiences I have had. Standing there for seconds (which is a long time in this situation), I thought my house was going to the ground. I have never felt so controlled by something else where I didnt think there was a sollution. My wife was folding laundry in the back rooms, so I screamed as loud as I could telling her to get out of here, why I tried to get this fire out. Of course she freaked and started helping. (PAUSE). In our minds we were both just saying NO NO this isnt happening. I had to do something quick or it was going to be bad. So I grabbed the pot of burning oil on fire and ran outside and down the stairs and thru the pot. I fried my hands, with the biggest blisters I have ever seen. Anyways the fire dept. showed within minutes and got everything under control. It was a scary night. It ended up not being as bad as we thought it was however flames in your face are just freakin scary. Here are a couple pictures of the minor damage.