Sunday, May 10, 2009

sunday afterthoughts

Today we started testimonies in our worship team small group time. I asked each person to share their story of coming to know Jesus. I shared mine and Amanda shared her's. Thanks for being brave Amanda. I am looking forward to hearing everyone's story. There is so much power in our story's. I love the POWER OF GOD in both sides, the one who experienced the party rebel life, and the one who stayed strong. There isn't a boring story when you are talking about Jesus rescuing us from hell. I love you guys. Thanks for your sacrifice in developing a healthy worship team.

It has been a worship filled weekend. Friday morning, I took a few team members with me to Sheridan, WY to lead worship for a big 30 HR Famine city wide worship night. It was a really powerful time. We did an hour and a half worship set and God's name was praised in that WYO theater. We were all beet afterwards. Got home yesturday and got up this morning to continue.

I have been looking forward to today for a while. We schedule out our set lists 6 weeks in advance. I knew that song wise this was going to be a powerful sunday. Partnered with Jeff's message on God's love, it was an intense day. The altar response 3rd service was just awesome. Each service was great but 3rd, there was a presence that took us to a whole new level. Jeff told me of several stories of people who found life today. I never get sick of hearing that.

We all need to be experiencing the love of the father. Love Jeff's line "if we are not experiencing the love of God who's fault is that our's or God's?" We choose to accept the love of God. He has already offered it.

I am so tired after this full weekend. But its so worth it. Wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

Set List Sunday May 10th:
All Who Are Thirsty (just the chorus) - Brenton Brown
Open Up The Gates - PlanetShakers
The One Who Loves Me - Adam Cruz
Indescribable - Chris Tomlin
How He Loves - Kim Walker


resting,
adam