Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunday AfterThoughts!

"I am tired"!!! - Is what I told Amber around 4:00pm yesterday. We had a very full day with rehearsal at 7:00am, 3 services, and Lead Council meeting. But I can't imagine doing anything else.

Yesturday we mixed things up a little. Pulled out an acoustic set. Very stripped down with some percussion. It was a lot of fun and a powerful time of worship. I stepped aside and had Katie lead us in worship and I got to chill on my acoustic guitar. Katie did a fantastic job leading us. I am blessed with great musicians and singers.

We did a knew song called "I've Had Questions" that Nathan suggested. If you haven't heard it, go download it now. By Tim Hughes. Its a very powerful song.

Our creative team put question marks all over the ceiling above the stage and 2 huge question marks at an angle on the back wall, with tension fabric stretched everyone. It looked amazing. Steve and Christina, you guys are awesome. Element you are blessed with some very creative people.

We launched our knew series called "Life's Toughest Questions", where Pastor Jeff is addressing 5 weeks of real, raw, burning questions inside us all. He really handled "Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?" brilliantly.
-- God assures us of trials and hard times - "LIFE SUCKS SOMETIMES" Jeff Maness - LOL
-- "WHY" is the wrong question
-- "We must turn to the cross... The Cross Proves God's love, The Cross shows God's control, and the Cross reveals God's plan."

We are very excited about worship this week. Going to open things up in a way we have never done. The set really sets up the message. COME WITH ANTICIPATION!!

***I guess its time to make the official announcement that I am no longer apart of the BOYCOTT TWITTER group. I am officially a twitterer. LOL. SWORE I NEVER WOULD. GUESS I NEED TO STOP SWEARING. You can follow my profile using eworship.

Set List:
My Savior Lives: New Life Worship
Sweetly Broken: Jeremy Riddle
Lead Me To The Cross: Hillsong United
I've Had Questions: Tim Hughes