Monday, January 26, 2009

Sunday AfterThoughts!

it was a great weekend around here at element church. Brad and Danielle Nyght rolled in late friday night in preparation for the worship team auditions. Saturday we had an eventful day with rehearsals for sunday and rehearsals for auditions. I must say that for our first time doing auditions, it went pretty well. We had a good group of people show and they all did a great job. Thank you to all who came out. It means a lot to me that you would be a part of what God is doing here at element church. Brad and Danielle were an incredible contribution to the audition process, for flow, structure, evaluations, etc. It was a blessing to have them apart of this. I am looking forward to the additions we will make here at element worship.

WOW has it snowed. It started friday and is still going today, monday. Probably a good 6 - 12 inches on the ground. It has been a blast. I love when it snows like this.

We really had a great worship time yesterday. We have made huge headway in our sound. I really feel like its very close to what it needs to be. Brad and Danielle were able to join us for worship, which always a good time. I asked for them to do a complete evaluation on me as a worship leader, and it was so good. They really pushed me in some areas that I feel like are going to help take element worship to that next level. I love learning. I read 1 kings a couple of days ago, which has become a common phrase around here, but this weekend I really felt this. Chapter 3 vs 7, "Now, O Lord my God, you have made me king instead of my father, David, but I am like a little child who doesn't know his way around." I have a long ways to go but I am humbled to be a part of this team.

Jeff really did tackle probably one of the most uncomfortable topics in the american church. We almost opted out of it, but Jeff pushed thru and delivered well. We had great response, "that's just what I needed to hear", "thanks for being bold", etc. Glad he chose to stick it out. He tackled the issue of self-control, living disciplined PHYSICALLY, mentally, and spiritually and how they all relate.

Brad and Danielle decided to stick around one more day. We had so much fun yesturday afternoon. After eating at Guadala-HOLL-A (curtis's tag for the mexi resturaunt), lol, we hit up walmart for some ingredients. Brad Nyght actually made ice cream out of the freshly fallen snow. I must admit i was blown away. Never knew you could do that. I was a really fluffy version of icecream but tasted amazing. I have a new thing to make now. After watching some office episodes we sat down and introduced the world of LOST to Brad and Danielle. We popped in the first disc and watched 4 episodes. They are hooked, SO GOOD TO SEE!!!

Thats it, we had a great weekend and now its time for a huge monday and a good week of planning exciting things here at element.

Set List,
Counting on God - New Life Church
Sing, Sing, Sing - Chris Tomlin
Sweetly Broken - Jeremy Riddle
Let it Burn - Adam Cruz
At the Cross - Hillsong


Loving life,
adam