Tuesday, January 6, 2009

sunday afterthoughts

sunday blew me away once again.

over 5 people gave their lives to Christ. SO STINKIN AWESOME. It will never get old.

634 people in church. The most we have ever seen at element. I can not believe I am a worship pastor of 634 people. That freaks me out. I have so much to learn.

21 could not have opened any better. SERIOUSLY RIGHT NOW GO TO WWW.ELEMENTWEB.NET and watch this weeks service or listen to the podcast. WARNING!!! It has the danger of changing your life. I am so stoked about what this series is offering people. Already in my life as Amber and I have committed to our 21 and it has changed me. Inside a couple of other commitments Amber and I are limiting our time with TV, exercising with weight loss goals, eliminating pop and fast food completely, and other things. God has designed us to live in self-control. We control our lives and thru this series God is going to empower us to become who he has made us.

We finally are getting our sound controlled. This was by far the best week we have had in our new facility. We flew 2 center speakers and it help disperse sound very nice. We are making a couple of major tweaks this week that I think will help even more. This week felt the most at home for me.

I am doing my first ever worship team audition this month. Make sure if you are interested in auditioning for the worship team that you pick up an application and a cd with charts in our lobby. Brad Nyght (Drummer for the Desperation Band & Producer of The Bakery Studio) and Danielle Nyght (Vocalist at New Life Worship) have agreed to come up to be on the evaluation team for that night. Both of them are great friends of mine and extremely talented. I look forward to them playing a huge role in this.



Set List for Sunday January 4th:
Salvation is Here - Hillsong United
Everyday - Hillsong
Solid Rock - New Life Worship
God Has Come - New Life Worship
The One Who Loves Me - Adam Cruz


-- adam