Friday, September 26, 2008

Enter Session 2 & 3

Ross Parsley and Senior Pastor Brady Boyd sat at a table and did a session together. I didn' even have time to take notes because of all the good stuff. I wrote down a couple of things from there session.
-- In order for this relationship to work you have to choose to HONOR each other. I am not sure I have heard anyone use this word in this context and it was so good.
-- In regards to concerns, TIMING & TONE is everything.
-- "Care about sunday morning as much as the senior pastor does" SO GOOD!!

As I was sitting there I was so blessed because as they talked thru different issues church's have, I was thinking how Jeff and I relate, and thought I really have it good. Even all our worship team made comments, "THAT DIDNT EVEN APPLY TO YOU HUH?". I just laughed. It was still really good. But I am definently blessed to have Jeff on my team.

Session 3.




So far this was my favorite session. They had a huge door with 2 screens on each side of it. It was called the "Revolving Door". They an 1.5 hours and had 7 speakers for 12 minutes. They cut out all the extra and just gave us the RAW best 12 minutes they had. This is such a great concept. It reminded me of our whiteboard conference.

Ross Parsley
--Teams are made up of individuals who have given up their RIGHTS in order to benefit the whole team.
--insecurity comes from comparison of the wrong things. (talking about people who get jealous of other people)
--we're not responsible for the opportunities we don't have, but the one's we DO have. O MY WORD. SO GOOD

Matthew Fallentyne
-- create a culture of trust not a circle of trust
-- do you love the people of your church, if not you shouldn't be the pastor
-- your team is able to sense authenticity

Brad Parsley
-- create a culture of evalutaion
-- life is not fair, ministry is not fair. We have to evaluate and challenge our team
--as a leader you must first, HUMBLE YOURSELF, in order to create this culture
--you must be child-like not CHILD-ISH,

Glenn Packiam pt 1
-- when bringing up conflict issues, if you bring up problems after the set its called criticism, if you do it before its healthy conflict.
-- Seperate the person from the problem
-- focus on interests not positions, THIS WAS REALLY GOOD
--invent option for mutual gain
--Have a standard or system for making decisions
--People will own a decision when they are allowed into the process

The last one I wasn't able to get. but this was my favorite.

Starting our Friday morning session right now. Looking forward to what we will learn. Today are all the break out sessions. We are all torn because there is going to be such good stuff.






refreshed,
adam