Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday AfterThoughts!

Starting on Friday night, I began having a buzz and an anticipation in my spirit for Sunday. All day yesterday as we were constructing the set design for our new series, I was so pumped for today. God is up to something at element and I don't understand why I get to be a part of it. I feel so blessed. I have so much to learn.

This morning I got up, just pumped. Again I couldn't wait to start rehearsal. And it went great. And then FIRST SERVICE happened. Man it was rough. Between a broken string, a broken guitar (pickup sounded like it was exploding, headphones that were blown, so i didnt hear anything the entire service, and no metronome, a backup guitar out of tune, and then peaking with distortion, wow. I struggled honestly today. It was tough. After so much anticipation and excitement for everything today, I was discouraged. I went and hid in my office and pouted, "why this, why that". As Nathan and I reflected on how tough it was to continue, I jumped into the psalms to set my heart right. God spoke something big to me during that time, which I think is key for us as leaders:

"I MAKE IT HAPPEN".

"Your cool new set design. Awesome. It helps with what I am wanting to do. Your creative spin on an acoustic set. Awesome. Thanks for changing things up. Your light show, haze, sound tech, motion backgrounds, cool songs, etc. Awesome. It all helps people find life in ME. BUT I MAKE IT HAPPEN. YOU DON'T. ME SHOWING UP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. Not that everything would go just right although I think its important to eliminate distractions. SALVATION AND REPENTANCE IS THE GOAL. Not a cool set, good tunes, creative guitars. I MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I felt a huge heart check and talked with Nathan and encouraged us in our attitudes.

THEN...

I go to close service and my guitar freaks out again, sounding like it was going to explode. So I dismissed everyone, and Nathan and I just laughed. My friend Brian came up to me and said "REMEMBER WHAT YOU ALWAYS TELL THE TEAM, WHAT ITS ABOUT". He is right I just didn't want to hear it.

WOW.. Sorry so long. Just thought I would be honest about my feelings.

However, 2nd service was moving. No crazing technical things happened and worship was powerful. It was both services, my heart was just right second service.

702 people today. So good.

Love seeing new faces every week and hearing the stories of how they come.

We built a sweet set design this weekend, I will post pictures tommorow.

We stripped everything down and did an acoustic set. Lots of fun. Good job nathan.

Then to top everything off we baptized 8 people tonight. I loved that. It was amazing watching all those people.

Alright I am off to play some "SETTLERS.

Peace out!

Set List:
The Chase is on - Tony Sutherland
Unchanging - Chris Tomlin
Everything Glorious - David Crowder
Yearn - Adam Cruz
Sweetly Broken - Jeremy Riddle



Adam