Thursday, February 5, 2009

a scary place

so I started my 21 BEST day challenge. one of those is to work out consistently. I have an ideal weight goal, I am attempting to acheive. IT SUCKS!! LOL. Man are there days that just are lame. But I have to stay committed and focused. I feel so much better when I work out. I feel so much better now that I don't eat fast food and have reduced my pop intake.

This thought hit me today as I was out to get lunch. I was craving so bad the taste of a sonic cheeseburger and a dr. pepper. I remembered what that tasted like. And how much I love it. But I always, EVERYTIME, feel tired and drooggy and horrible after I eat it. I never feel good. But I convinced myself of this: the pain I will endure afterwards is worth the pleasure now. HOLD ON! So then it hit me, DO WE HAVE THAT ATTITUDE TOWARD SIN.

THIS IS THE SCARRIEST PLACE WE CAN BE.

When the pleasure of a moment is worth the pain of a lifetime. We replace the pleasure of sin, KNOWING the result, and become OK with the after effects, a miserable life and a scary eternity. You see, if I never choose to stop eating fast food, it has a bad ending for me. If settle for the pleasure, DEATH is the result.

As I was listening to a new IHOP song called I surrender, I heard the line "YOUR LOVE MAKES IT WORTH IT". I said, "JESUS, cause my heart to find PLEASURE in you because your love makes the PAIN OF STARVING MY SIN LIFE worth it".

And this morning I remember reading James 1:14 in my devotions: "temptation comes from our own DESIRES, which entice us and drag us away. These desire give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death".

STARVE YOUR SIN!

STARVING,
ADAM