Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"this isn't your grandma's christmas service"

last night element church pulled off a christmas event like none i have been too. ROCKIN AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE was a rockin good time. We had so much stinking fun as a band. Every time we transitioned into our next scene we would laugh and talk about how much fun we are having. Again I can't express how much fun i had.

I was so stressed and nervous about pulling this event off. 2 weeks ago I pulled together our set list for the night. Introduced everything to the band. Some of the songs they laughed at me for. We did 3 rehearsals, then last week I put together videos for transitions. Then we had a caotic dress rehearsal and had so much to get done for tuesday night. Then tuesday night happened and I tell you what, it was rockin. Our tech team pulled off an amazing light show, my creative team made snow fall from the ceiling and the band pulled of a drummer boy version that was killer.

Over 500 people came out to worship God thru some rock n roll. Thanks to all who came out. You made it so much fun.

The greatest quote of the night was Curtis Marshall's welcome, "this will not be your grandma's christmas service, UNLESS YOUR GRANDMA GOES TO ELEMENT". The coolest thing is so many do go to element and love it.

I will be posting a link on this blog of the full service start to finish on VIMEO. Stay tuned for that.

Amber and I just flew into Wichita, KS. which is now home again. We had a great time with family and looking forward to a relaxing week.


relaxing,
adam