Friday, May 23, 2008

AGHHH!! (sigh of relief)

That is the feeling I have right now between getting lost on foot downtown D.C., & having an AK-47 flashed at me at the pentagon & the 1 hour car drive lost on 3 different interstates, and now I am in my bed. LOL.

Jeff and I had a great time today running around D.C. getting to see all the history of our nation. Before we left Curtis (our youth pastor) warned us not to drive into D.C. but to find the metro and only use that. Did we listen, NOPE! Should we have, YUP! When we got into D.C. we couldn't find any where to park so we pulled over and asked a traffic officer, he stared at us and said "there is not parking", we laughed, he pointed at our car and said "that was a bad choice". LOL. So we headed back out of town looking for a parking garage and a metro, which we eventually found.

We got to see the washington monument, lincoln memorial, white house, capitol, Vietnam wall of names, and so much more. A funny story is that we were at the end of our tour and decided we should go and see the pentagon. Great Idea I thought. We got out of the metro and there was literally NO WHERE to go. We walked down a side walk and saw four police officers with AK-47's and said "MAN", saw a bus stop and decided to walk around the building. We saw where the plane hit on 911 and so I thought it was a great idea to get my camera out. No later did I get my camera out, a MEAN security gaurd flashed his AK-47 and headed toward me. He said "did you take a picture" I said "NO" he said "DON'T", Jeff said "sorry we didn't know", he said "I JUST WARNED YOU". HAHAHHA LOL! I said "OK SEE YA" and we headed home. LOL.

We got to see so much stuff, it was great. Its hard to believe I am here. This has been such a great weekend I am so tired right now, we walked all over today and my feet hurt bad. There is a picture in this slide show below of an escalator we rode that had to have been like 200 feet NO JOKE!

We are heading out in the morning very early, so I am off to bed. More on actual White Board quotes starting MONDAY in a blog series I'll do called "WiBo Quotes", LOL. Really deep I know!

I can't wait to worship with you all in cheyenne sunday morning, come ready to meet with God.



Tired,
Adam