Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Afterthoughts Feb 10th, 2008

OH MY! I told Jeff today back at the office while we were unloading, "what now"? God obviously and most definently knows more than we do but man do I hope he shows us soon! 372 today, YEAH, 372. I told Jeff last week in the office, after having 313 last week, that in a FEW weeks when we hit 350 we have a problem, cause we would literally max out the theater. HA didn't realize that would be the following week and 20 some over that. 2nd service people were standing along side of the theater and sitting all over the floor on the sides. We had over 200 second service and the theater maxes at 180. So I guess you could say God has a plan. LOL. It's just the toughest part when you are waiting!

We had some fun today as a worship team! It seemed to be a struggle to get anything to go right. We added a new guitar player "NATHAN", who by the way is a fantastic guitar player and I feel like it really solidified our sound. Made it bigger, more professional, just made is well done. Back to the struggle, the opening song I forgot to put the capo on (which around here is an often experience, HA), and "B" (our drummer) had already started playing but I wasnt ready so yeah he just STOPPED. AWKWARD! Then the second song AGAIN I forgot my capo and so I made a big strum on that first chord and WOW did that sound pretty when the rest of the band was in a different key. I could have walked off stage then but I new I had to finish HA. THEN, yeah THEN, Nathan started the next song and his guitar was completely out of tune. OTHER than all that worship was GREAT! HAHA. Seriously it was good. We just had to laugh it all off and try better 2nd service, which by the way went fine. It was funny though cause my prayer this morning was "God help us focus on you and not being perfect on stage", I guess he answered that one.

Jeff again, preached a phenom message on SEX targeted towards our teens, however it applies to us all. Again this series has blown me away at how God is using it to set people free. It was great to have a youth group of about 6 come and visit us today. I love having a church that teens enjoy coming to.

A new CD just came out for all of you WORSHIP FANATICS out there: PASSION: GOD OF THIS CITY. Make sure to itune it this week. Its great.

Well I guess we keep this thing going, PLEASE don't stop inviting people. We will find a place for everyone. Also we have some room in first service so if you can, come join us for 1st service to free up some room in 2nd.

Continue to check out www.elementgivesback.com. There are some great stories on their.

Worship Set 2-10-08:
You, You Are God - Gateway Church
O Worship the King - David Crowder
Maker of Heaven - Desperation Band
Hosanna - Hillsong United
From the Inside Out - Hillsong United

Worshipping Him,
Adam