Sunday, January 13, 2008

sunday afterthoughts

BLOWN AWAY! As I sit and write this I am reflecting on the day and all I can say is that I am blown away. For a detailed review on the day with peoples comments and such check out Jeff's blog here.

I am not one to blame the devil for everything that goes wrong. But today there was a buzz about some things we were announcing and the message that was coming forth and a great worship set and I don't thing that the enemy was very excited about it. Jeff and I really felt like we were under attack. We had several things happen that really could throw off our service. We were 30 minutes late in setup due to the theater employee not showing up on time to let us in. Then our speakers just shut off 3 times for no reason (never happened before) and then my amp went completely out for first service throwing off the feel of worship. And yet our God is greater and he was worship and people were touched and God INVADED that place.

RECORD NUMBERS! 282 in service today. WOW! God is on the move and he is rocking this place because there is such an expectancy for Him to move.

We gave away an entire offering today to our church as an example that none of this is ours. God just lets us manage it. People were blown away that we would do this. The only stipulation is that they can't use it on their self and could not place it in the offering. We set up a website called www.elementgivesback.com where people can go on and tell their story of what they did with the money. Amazing stuff.

We also did a 90 day challenge, where we challenged the people to tithe 10% for 90 days and if they didn't feel that it worked then we would give them 100% of their money back. We had like 57 people sign up. I am telling you God is using this series in a way I never thought was going to happen. People are responding like crazy to this series and straigtining out their priorities in the area of finances.
In fact one person gave their life to Christ today. AMAZING... That is what it is about.

WORSHIP WOW! and I don't just say that cause I am the leader. I told my team on thursday night rehearsal that I am so proud of them. They have huge hearts and serve with such passion and man can they play and sing. I had 2 of my team members lead songs today which is so good that I can do that. I feel blessed to have talented annointed leaders on my team. We did a song that I wrote with a friend of mine in an old band I used to play in, only we change the whole feel of the song and wrote a new bridge. I thought that it turned out great.

Looking very forward to the weeks to come and year, MAN DO WE HAVE SOME HUGE STUFF PLANNED THIS YEAR. Elementers get ready cause its go time, and God is on the move.

Don't forget to visit www.elementgivesback.com and post your story about what you did with the money.

I love being your worship pastor. I hope all of you find huge blessing in giving back to your city this month.

Set List for Sunday Jan. 13th:
Love the Lord- Lincoln Brewster
Beautiful One- Tim Hughes
Yearn- Adam Cruz & Dusty Taylor
Center- Charlie Hall
Turn your eyes/Beautiful - New Spring Church

Worshipping Him,
Adam